When it comes to digital marketing, Google is the king of the hill. If you can rank high on Google, you can expect a lot of traffic and leads for your business. In this article, we will discuss 10 tips and tricks that will help increase your Google rankings. By following these simple steps, you can improve your website’s visibility and attract more customers!
For starters, what is SEO?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of optimising a website in order to increase its visibility and traffic (essentially, increase Google rankings). When you optimise your site for better rankings, it means that people will find your content more easily when they search using keywords related to what you offer.
- The most important thing when trying to rank high on Google is to make sure that your site’s content is of the best quality. This means writing in-depth, well-researched articles that are keyword-rich but also interesting to read.
- Another important factor for ranking high is backlinking. When other websites link to your content, it tells Google that your site is valuable and worth indexing. You can increase your chances of getting links by participating in online communities and forums related to your industry, as well as submitting guest posts on popular blogs.
- Make sure you’re using all the right keywords! Not only should they be included in the text of your website, but they should also be used in the titles, meta descriptions and even image tags.
- Pay attention to your website’s loading speed. If it takes too long for pages to load, users will get impatient and leave before they even have a chance to see what you offer. Use compression tools and caching plugins to make sure your site is running as quickly as possible.
- Google also looks at how mobile-friendly your website is when ranking it. Make sure all the elements on each page are easy to click on, that the text is readable without having to zoom in and that links are spaced out far enough apart so people don’t accidentally click the wrong one.
- Get involved with social media! Not only does this help create a connection with potential customers, but it can also help increase traffic back to your website. Share links on Facebook or Twitter, post photos on Instagram and Pinterest and interact with followers by responding to their comments in real time.
- Update your site regularly so users know there’s always something new to see when they visit again. Google looks at how often your website is updated and what kind of content is being added each time this happens—which means more than just blog posts!
Consider creating a newsletter that gets sent out every week, featuring links back to recent pages people might have missed during their last visit.
If you’ve been wondering how to increase your Google rankings, this article is for you. From tips and tricks on optimisation to basic SEO strategies, we made sure to cover some ground here. Don’t wait any longer and try them on your website!