This article will untangle the long and awaited debate; “WordPress vs Blogger – Which one is preferred for blogging.
Before you start reading this blog, keep in mind that we may use BlogSpot instead of Blogger because Blogger is also called BlogSpot. In fact, the latter one is more famous in the market.
You can get the idea from this Technology Blog in 2022.
WordPress vs Blogger:
There are several platforms in the market like WordPress, Blogger AKA BlogSpot, Tumblr, and many more. But the two most sought-after for blogging are always WordPress and BlogSpot. Now, it is always a query for a new blogger which one is best for blogging and which one he should prefer. There are two scenarios; the first one is how often you post blogs, and the second one is what your priorities are. If you are a seasonal blogger and post blogs just to share your thoughts and ideas with others and don’t seek any future in blogging, you fall in category 1. However, if you are a motivated blogger with long-term goals and think of continuing and pursuing your blogging career in the future, you fall in category 2.
You may also like to learn about the Emerging Technology Blogs.
WordPress Vs Blogspot – For category 1:
For category 1, they have no future plan, and they don’t expect to earn their bread through blogging, then Blogger (BlogSpot) is suitable for them.
WordPress vs Blogger – For category 2:
However, for category 2, they have long-term goals, and they want to earn money through their blogs. So, for them, the best platform is WordPress.
Which I should choose between WordPress and Blogger?
If you ask me which one you should choose between WordPress and BlogSpot, my answer will be you need to select WordPress for blogging. The reason is I started with WordPress, and there are numerous reasons to justify my answer.
Why WordPress is better than BlogSpot:
WordPress offers you complete control over your blogs. It also enables you to host your files and design them according to your priorities. Another aspect of WordPress is it is durable and can give you immense advantages in the future regarding wealth, fame, and grace. However, the best thing that differentiates WordPress from other platforms is that it gives you complete command over Search Engine Optimization (SEO) that includes SEO plugins. With the help of SEO plugins, such as Rich Snippets, it can introduce the latest SEO techniques like “star ratings.”
Advantages of Blogger:
- The first advantage of Blogger, AKA BlogSpot, is it is free of cost. You don’t need to spend capital on it.
- Another advantage of Blogger is it is friendly towards HTML, with the help of which you can easily personalize the templates through a style sheet.
- Also, Google provides you free hosting, which is a matter of concern on several other platforms.
Disadvantages of BlogSpot:
As there are perks, there will be disadvantages too. However, in the case of Blogger, the disadvantages are way more significant than its advantages. Some of them are given below.
- The main problem we face at BlogSpot is that it doesn’t allow you blog hosting. It means if your blog is not meeting the standards of Blogger, you may face detention, or your blog may get banned.
- Another disadvantage is it lost traffic quickly. To understand it in simple words, you may lose traffic if you don’t post for a couple of days on Blogger.
- The most significant disadvantage of Blogger is it is a pariah to SEO. You can’t do anything to improve its SEO quickly and divert traffic towards your blogs.
The bottom line of our arguments is to invest in WordPress, and you will enjoy its perks for years.