Whenever we talk about hair removal, we discuss wax, but when we talk about wax instruments we never discuss wax applicator spatulas.
You might be wondering what difference a wax spatula can make. It does make a difference the two types of spatulas used for this purpose are wax spatula wooden and metal. In this article, we will discuss the properties of a good wooden spatula.
How Is A Wax Spatula Wooden Better Than A Metal Spatula?
As every one of us is aware of this basic principle, that metals are the good conductors of heat. While wood is a poor conductor. Therefore, using low-quality wax warmers can result in an unfortunate situation of electric shock. Therefore, using a wooden spatula can save you from such situations and make the waxing procedure safe.
The spatula for waxing must be used only once. Every time you apply wax, you must discard the previous one and use a new one. This is to avoid infection and the spread of bacteria. Wooden spatulas are easily available, therefore must be used to ward off germs.
A wooden spatula for waxing is a blessing for salon beauticians. Using disposable wax spatulas minimizes the chances of cross-contamination. On the other hand, a metal spatula needs to be sterilized before it is used on another client. During the days when bookings are full, cleaning and sterilizing the instruments can be difficult. Therefore, make it easier for yourself and use disposable wax spatulas.
What Is Waxing?
Waxing is the removal of unwanted hair from different parts of the body. This includes the face, arms, legs, etc.
Waxing is better than depilatory creams and shaving as it thins the hair with time and slows hair growth. With each session, it makes the hair thin and less voluminous.
Moreover, you enjoy smooth and hair-free skin for almost up to six weeks as the hair is removed from the root during waxing.
How to Apply Wax?
Waxing is not a difficult treatment. However, if done improperly, you could end up bruising yourself horribly.
These are the steps you follow while waxing:
- You apply a pre-wax cleanser and purify the waxing area.
- You heat the wax in a wax warmer to a bearable temperature.
- You apply wax to the required area using a wooden spatula, evenly in the hair growth direction.
- Then you apply a muslin strip on wax and rub it so that it adheres to the hair. Remember to leave the end of the strip unattached, as it will be used to pull off the strip.
- Next, you hold the strip from the detached part and with another hand hold the skin firmly. Then pull the strip quickly in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- In this way, clear the hairy area.
- Lastly, apply after wax cream to prevent inflammation and infection.
Does Waxing Hurt?
Waxing is not a painful procedure. However, when the strip is pulled you might feel a little uneasy.
What Is The Price Of Wooden Wax Spatulas?
The disposable wooden wax spatulas are economical. A pack of 100 disposable applicators costs nothing more than PKR 300.
What Are The Benefits Of Waxing?
- Reduction in the regrowth of hair.
- Fine and even growth of hair after a wax.
- You receive smooth and soft skin.
- There is no risk of cuts.
- Lower risk of inflammation.
- A better makeup looks due to hair free skin. (In case of facial wax)
- You will have smooth skin for almost six weeks.
Waxing is used greatly these days for hair removal. Threading, shaving, and creams are long gone from the scene. But achieving optimum quality results requires the right instrument and the right procedure to be followed. So, use wooden spatulas for wax application and be careful during the process to prevent a mishap.