Are you facing the D Link extender connected but no internet issue? If yes, then don’t panic. Here we have provided you with some possible reasons with the troubleshooting solutions to fix this specific issue. Just have a quick view at the below section, you might find it useful.
Here are some possible reasons for experiencing the D Link extender connected but no internet issue. Just have a read.
- Loose or faulty cable connections.
- Interference in the WiFi signals can also be one of the root causes behind the outcome of this specific issue.
- Poor supply of power to the extender.
- Improper placement of the D Link extender can be another reason for getting this kind of issue.
- Incomplete or improper D-Link WiFi extender setup can also lead you to face an issue.
- Overcrowded wireless channel.
We hope that now you’re aware of some possible reasons behind the outcome of this particular issue. Now, it’s very easy to troubleshoot the D Link extender connected but no internet issue. Though, here we have outlined some basic troubleshooting techniques you can apply in order to resolve the D Link extender connected but no internet issue to make your task simple. Just go through it, you may find it useful.
Inspect Wired Connections
As mentioned above, at times, an issue arises due to loose or improper cable connections. Therefore, we suggest you examine the cable connections before implementing any of the advanced troubleshooting hacks. You need to make sure all the cables connecting to your extender, router, or PC should be properly finger-tight. Else, you might indulge yourself with an issue. Apart from it, don’t forget to check the condition of the cable too as it needs to be free from any type of damage for working efficiently. If you detect any wear or tear to the cable, then change it.
Perform a Reboot
In some cases, minor technical hiccups can also force you to face an issue. And it can resolve by simply restarting your D Link extender. Apart from eliminating the minor technical issue, it also helps in boosting the performance of your device and preventing it from getting overheated. However, it’s not a tough job yet many users find it a bit complex. So, for your ease here we have listed simple steps to restart your D Link extender.
- Remove all the devices accessing the D Link extender.
- Then, turn off your extender and disconnect it from the power source.
- Now, wait for some time before connecting it back to the power socket and turning it on.
Now, check whether the issue has been fixed by accessing http://dlinkap.local. Else, keep reading.
Select an Ideal location for D Link Extender
You are required to be very cautious while selecting the place for your D Link extender. Avoid placing your D Link extender close to the reflexive surfaces like mirrors or water bodies such as an aquarium. And the placement of the D Link extender should be within the range of your home router. Additionally, avoid placing your extender near to the objects emitting radiofrequency. The objects like refrigerators, cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, microwaves, or other smart home appliances are some devices that use radiofrequency for transmission and can disrupt the WiFi signals resulting in D Link extender connected but no internet issue.
Perform a Default Factory Reset
Improper or incomplete D-Link WiFi extender setup can also cause you to face D Link extender no internet issue. So, we suggest you reset your extender to default factory mode and configure it again from the scratch. This might be helpful in fixing the issue you were experiencing currently.
Here we have discussed simple steps to perform a hard factory reset.
- Locate the Reset button situated on your D Link extender.
- Press the Reset button after you have successfully located the Reset button.
- Then, your extender will reboot on its own and will restore to the default factory settings.
Now, configure the D Link extender using the D Link app or web browser.
In this way, you’ll be able to fix the D Link extender connected but no internet issue. If you know any other method to troubleshoot the issue, then let us know through the comment section.