Buying ladies’ tops can be a frustrating experience. With so many different styles, fabrics, and cuts to choose from, it can be daunting to find what best suits your taste and needs. Luckily for you, we’ve put together an essential tips guide for buying ladies’ tops. Follow these helpful guidelines, and you’ll have the perfect top in no time!
* Know your size – Before anything else, you need to know your size. This will make it much easier to find shirts that fit well without being too tight or loose when browsing through the store racks or on websites/ apps.
* Don’t be afraid to try new things – Don’t stick with only your favourite shirt style and fabric. If you have become used to a particular brand, try something new that may be more flattering and exciting but don’t settle for less than what you are used to.
* Make sure the fit is correct – There are many different cuts and styles for tops. Look for one that fits well but also looks good on you. This may take a bit of trial and error, but it will be worth it in the end.
A loose-fitting shirt will not only look bad but feel uncomfortable as well. You want a flattering top while still being able to do what you need (such as stay tucked in). When trying on tops, ensure the shoulders fit right, and there is no pulling at the bust or around your middle when bending over. This means you have found the right top.
* Avoid visible undergarments – Make sure your bra and panty lines are not showing when trying on ladies’ tops. It may be customary to wear a tank top in your everyday life, but when trying on tops at the store, you must go braless. If you are wearing a cami and it is not covering your bra, this could show under the top and be very unflattering.
* Look to buy from a brand with quality and style – This can be difficult as many different brands and stores exist. We recommend finding a store with quality products that will still look good and show off your unique style. You don’t want to settle for a brand or item that will make you look plain or boring.
* Buy a versatile top – When buying shirts, choose ones that can be worn with different outfits while still showing off your personality. This will save you money as you won’t have to keep buying more shirts just to fit in and match everything.
* Lace is a risky business – Stay clear from clothes and tops with lace on them because it can be revealing. The lace detailing tends to show the outline of your body in the right light, which means whatever top you are wearing could be seen through. Stick with solid tops if lace isn’t something you wish to show off.
* Don’t forget the casual favourites – When trying on shirts, look for versatile tops that can be worn with various types of clothes. These tops will be more low-maintenance, and you won’t need to spend as much time choosing outfits for them.
* Get a well-fitting top – Don’t buy something just because it looks good on the hanger when trying on tops. Make sure it fits well in all the right ways.
In conclusion, buying ladies’ tops can be fun as long as you know what to look for. It is essential to know your size, how different cuts and styles fit, and how to avoid anything that may make the top look unflattering.