Walt Disney owns the Hulu app. Hulu app is mainly a Streaming app. It streams all of the Disney movies and Tv shows. Despite Disney, Hulu also streams other movies and Tv shows as well. Its subscribers are over 42.8 million. As you know everything is not perfect and errors do occur. Main two errors are 2 (975) or (-998). Here are some methods and techniques that you can follow to get rid of these errors.
You may also like to learn about the Custom Packaging.
By Force Stopping the App
If you are using this app on an android Tablet or on a Smartphone then follow these steps:
- Go into your settings, Type apps in the search bar and then select all app.
- In the apps click on the Hulu app.
- Now click on the Force stop option and restart the app. It will surely solve the error 2 (975)/ (-998) problem.
If you are using the Hulu app on your smart TV then follow these directions to remove the error 2 (975)/ (-998).
- Open the settings from the home screen and fig the Hulu app.
- Now force stop the app and refresh it.
Remove the Error Through Power Cycling
- Turn off the device you are Streaming on.
- To turn off the smart Tv, press and hold the power button on the remote. And for smart phones, hold the power button and then click the restart button.
- Now plug off your WI-FI router and let it stay idle for some time.
- Almost after 10 to 20 minutes reconnect your devices and this method should work.
Try Other Apps
Whatever device you were using Hulu on, use other apps on that device to see if there is a glitch in the app or there is a genuine issue with your device. 50% of the problem will be solved when you know the root cause of the problem.
You have to check if there are any updates available for the app, outdated version of the app can also be a reason. For that follow these steps:
- Turn on your WI-FI and then go to the play store and type Hulu in the search bar, click on it and see if there are any pending updates, if yes then update your app.
Updating your app to the newest version will definitely eliminate the error 2 (975)/ (-998).
Clearing cache and data will help you reduce the error from the settings, choose all apps, and then click on the Hulu app.
- Somewhere below you will find the option of clear cache, click on it.
- In the smart tv, you have to go in the settings and find the Hulu app and then choose the clear cache option.
- In your mobile’s app store open the Hulu app.
- The very first of all, Uninstall the Hulu app.
- Now reinstall the Hulu app.
- In your smart Tv you have to do the same just open the store from the home screen.
- Find out the Hulu app and the after uninstalling, download it again.
Error 2 (975)/ (-998) are also possible due to subscription issues. Check if they have not canceled your subscription with Hulu or the subscription might have ended. You can always subscribe again.
If you ever have to face errors like 2 (975)/ (-988), try out these techniques and hacks and you will surely get rid of them easily. If you are facing the same errors in some other app then you can try these same fixes and all the glitches and errors will disappear.
Muhammad Junaid is a senior Analyst and Search Engine Expert. Extensive experience being a lead writer in Quran For Kids. Work for years with local and international enterprises. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.