With this evolving technology and internet, we are habitual of flawless connectivity and super-fast connections. Netgear Orbi router is one of them, providing high-speed internet and security. Intending to maintain the optimal working of your Orbi router, ensure your Orbi router’s password is safe and secure. But if you haven’t changed your router password for a prolonged time, it’s high time to reset it. There are many cases of password hacking when the hackers and unauthorized routers access your wifi network without thinking twice. Hence, it is vital to reset the Orbi router password periodically. Furthermore, if you somehow forget your password, the orbi router has the feature of admin password reset. You may easily reset your forgotten password by enabling this functionality.
This post will guide you on how to change the password and protect your wifi network from potential threats. Before delving into the steps, let’s understand why and how often you should change your Orbi password.
Why is it essential to change the Orbi router password?
Changing your orbi router’s password every three to four months is vital to prevent hacking issues. Additionally, when you purchase the orbi wifi device, it comes with preset credentials. Therefore, first, change those default credentials to ensure security. Also, try not to use the previous Orbi admin login password, as it could be troublesome for you.
What do you mean by the Admin password Reset feature?
It is one of the features of the Netgear Orbi router used to reset the password. This exclusive feature is beneficial for those people who often forget their orbilogin password. You can quickly reset your password if you activate this function on your orbi router. It is a pretty straightforward process. You can accomplish this by going to the advanced settings, clicking the administration, and selecting the password option.
Following are the steps to change the Orbi router password:
- Initially, plug your Netgear Orbi firmware router into an electrical outlet to reset the password.
- Now press the power button to let the LED turn to solid green.
- After that, connect your Orbi router to the current modem.
- Take out your orbi router satellite, connect it to a power source and turn it on.
- Click the sync button on your Orbi router and satellite. It will help you sync your orbi devices.
- After implementing the above steps, switch on your computer.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Enter orbilogin.net in the URL bar of your web browser, irrespective of the browser type you’re using.
- After typing, press ENTER key.
- Netgear Orbi login page will appear on the device.
- You’ll then have to enter your credentials, such as the username and password of your wireless device.
- Once you have logged in, the basic home screen will appear.
- Look for the advanced option and click administration and then tap change password.
- Under the password tab, reset the new password you would like to have.
- Click the apply button to save the changes on your device.
So, you can see how simple the process of changing the password of your Netgear Orbi router is. In some instances, if you find trouble changing the Orbi router password, consider ensuring the below steps.
Do you have difficulties changing your password?
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your Orbi router has an uninterrupted power supply from its electrical outlet.
- Secondly, ensure your ethernet cable, which you’re using to connect your orbi router and current modem, isn’t damaged or worn out.
- While accessing the Netgear Orbi login page, if your orbilogin.net isn’t working correctly, use the default IP address.
- In some instances, people often enter the wrong credentials, resulting in errors. Hence, it is crucial to enter the correct username and password. For confirmation, you can even check the user manual.
- Importantly, you have to update the new version of the Netgear Orbi device. If you haven’t updated it yet, install it now.
- Furthermore, irrespective of what browser you are using, it’s imperative that it has an updated version. Additionally, verify that all cache, cookies, and browsing history are cleared. It will prevent your device from facing any technical issues.
- Change your Orbi router’s position if you have placed it near some electronic devices, including reflexive surfaces, metal objects, or transmitting appliances. Despite it, ensure you haven’t placed your Orbi router in the corners.
Once you have done the above steps, try changing your Orbi router’s password.
The above-cited guidelines will help you feasibly change the password of your Orbi router. You can even double-check the steps to ensure the confirmation. But if your Orbi login password is still not working after implementing the mentioned steps, you might have to contact the technical experts to inspect the issue and resolve it.