Wedding bands are essential to any wedding ceremony and should be carefully chosen. There’s no better way to show your love for your significant other than by purchasing a wedding band together. The design of wedding bands has evolved significantly over time. The days of buying a cheap ring and hoping it lasts are long gone.
Now, various options are available, both in price and quality. Buying wedding bands is a big decision, and it can be hard to know where to start. Before we discuss the tips on buying wedding bands, let’s first get to know the history of wedding bands.
The History of Wedding Bands
In Ancient Egypt, people have worn jewelry for almost 6,000 years. The wedding bands symbolize a married couple’s love and dedication to one another. Because it does not have a beginning or an end, the wedding band symbolizes eternity.
Iron was the first material used in the production of rings. And by the time of the Middle Ages, rings were crafted using gold settings that were studded with gems.
Types of Wedding Bands
Wedding bands come in all shapes and sizes. Rings can be made from various materials, including metal, plastic, or even stone.
These are the standard type of wedding bands:
- Platinum Wedding Bands: Modern couples are increasingly interested in platinum wedding rings. This white metal is strong and can handle everyday wear and tear well. A platinum wedding ring will last forever without getting worn down. Unfortunately, platinum is much rarer than gold so it costs so much more.
- Yellow Gold Wedding Bands: Traditional brides and grooms should consider yellow gold as their metal of choice. 22K gold is typically too delicate to wear every day. It is a light enough color that won’t ruin an outfit and will look good with any style.
- White Gold Wedding Bands: The white gold wedding band is the ideal addition to a platinum engagement ring. Rhodium is frequently used to plate white gold wedding bands to improve their appearance. While it is expected that this plating will eventually wear off, it is simple to reapply. It will restore your wedding ring to its original beauty.
- Titanium Wedding Bands: Titanium is a pretty modern metal in the world of fine jewelry. Unlike platinum and palladium, it is a distinctively different shades of gray. It is also scratch-resistant and relatively lightweight.
- Diamond Jewelry Wedding Bands: To enhance the sparkle of the engagement ring, diamond-set wedding rings are growing more popular. They are becoming more widespread in women’s wedding rings. It’s a new trend to wear wedding bands for women. Small diamond stud wedding bands are also becoming increasingly popular with males to memorialize a loved one.
Best 4 Wedding Ring Shopping Tips
Choosing the right wedding band is an important decision. There are some vital things you should consider before making your purchase. Let’s get into the best 4 wedding ring shopping tips you should remember when you’re buying your wedding ring.
1. Create Your Budget
Before heading to the jewelry store, it is essential to have a budget range in mind. This will help the jeweler know what wedding bands to show you. Knowing what type of metal and engraving you are looking for is also helpful.
Some popular metals for wedding rings include gold, silver, and platinum. Wedding ring styles can range from traditional bands to more modern designs. Engraving options may consist of initials or a married couple’s initials. There are a wide variety of diamond rings to choose from. Each has its own unique features and benefits that should be considered when selecting one.
For example, colored diamonds are usually less expensive than fancy stones. Still, they often offer better value for the money because they last longer and do not require regular care. When shopping for wedding bands, it is essential to consider your budget.
2. Consult With Your Fiancé
When shopping for the perfect wedding ring, it’s essential to consider your fiance’s finger size. Different ring sizes can require different widths or gauges of bands, so it’s necessary to consult with your fiance before making a purchase.
Additionally, some couples prefer different styles of wedding rings, so be sure to ask what styles he or she is interested in. And finally, remember that trying on a few other options is the best way to find the perfect ring!
3. Consider Your and Your Partner’s Lifestyle
When shopping for wedding rings, it is essential to consider the demands of your and your partner’s lifestyle. One of the most important factors is how often you wear your ring.
If you and your partner are both active, you will likely want a ring that can take a lot of wear and tear. On the other hand, if you are more reserved in your activities, a ring with a lighter weight may be more appropriate for you.
If you and your partner are both very busy, choosing a band that doesn’t need much maintenance might be best. Of course, you don’t have to completely rule out diamonds!
You should be considering how often you plan to wear your wedding band. A titanium band may not be ideal if you live in a humid climate because it will rust over time. So, consider the weather and environment where you’ll wear your ring.
4. Consider the Future
When planning your wedding, it’s essential to think about the future. That means making sure the ring you choose is something you’ll want on your finger for the next decade or more.
One way to ensure your ring will last a long time is to select a ring with a metal alloy that doesn’t corrode or tarnish over time. Another tip is to find a ring with a high-quality diamond that will still look good years from now.
If you’re unsure which type of ring would be best for you, speak with a jeweler. He can help you choose the perfect piece of jewelry for your special day. They’ll be able to tell you about the different types of metals and diamonds available and help guide you in the right direction.
Rings symbolize love and commitment, so make sure you take your time to find the perfect one. Don’t rush into a purchase and be sure to consider all of your options. Our 4 tips will help you when shopping for a wedding ring.
Following these guidelines, you can find the perfect ring for your special day. Don’t forget to enjoy the experience – after all, you’re about to marry the love of your life!