If you want to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection on your devices regardless of where you are sitting inside your home, consider performing Netgear extender setup. Configuring a Netgear wireless range extender will not just help you gain access to a seamless internet connection but also convert dead zones into fun zones. Thus, continue reading this post and learn how to install a Netgear extender.
How to Install Netgear WiFi Range Extender?
In this article, we have talked about three different ways through which you can set up your Netgear wireless range extender. They are as follows:
- Using the WPS method
- By accessing mywifiext
- Via the Nighthawk app
Netgear Extender Setup Using WPS Method
Follow the instructions mentioned below and get to know the process of Netgear extender setup using the WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED to become green.
Note: If the power LED light does not become green, consider rebooting your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear extender.
- Once located, carefully press the button.
- Change the location of your Netgear extender.
Netgear Extender Setup via Manual Method
Walk through the below-outlined guidelines and get familiar with the process of Netgear extender setup via the Manual method:
- Set up the hardware of your Netgear extender first.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser.
Note: Whatever internet browser you use, make sure that it is running on its updated version. Also, it should be clear of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, enter mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear extender login page.
- Input the default admin username and password and click the Log In button.
Note: If you are not certain regarding the default username and password of your Netgear extender, consider referring to the user manual.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will welcome you.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Netgear Extender Setup Using Nighthawk App
The steps highlighted below will help you set up your Netgear wireless range extender using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar and tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of options, select the Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button.
- Let the Netgear Nighthawk app get installed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed.
- Thereafter, launch the Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- Create a Netgear account.
- Log in to your Netgear wireless range extender using the admin details.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
After performing Netgear extender setup in your home, you will surely be able to access a super-fast internet connection on all your WiFi-enabled devices. If following the aforementioned guidelines helped you even by one percent, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.