Do you want to download streaming video from a website so you can watch it whenever you want? Then you are in luck! Even if sites like YouTube don’t technically support downloading, there are plenty of free tools for saving videos as long as they have a URL. This wikiHow teaches you how to use video downloaders and recording tools to save YouTube to MP4 or MP3 videos from websites to your desktop, phone, or tablet.
Use an online downloader
- 1 Open a web browser and go to YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook or other video streaming sites. This method cannot be used for paid streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc.
- 2 Find and play the video you want to download. Use the search bar on the site to search by title, creator or content. Once you find the video, click to play it.
- 3 Copy the video link. On sites like YouTube and Dailymotion, you can simply right-click the URL in the address bar and click Copy. As for websites like Facebook, you need to follow the steps below to copy the video link:
- Click Share below the video.
- Click Copy Link, Copy URL, or a similar option.
- 4 Go to the video download site. Many websites allow you to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, etc. Some websites have more powerful functions, and some may not support all video formats. For legal reasons, such sites are often blocked and domain names changed. Search Google for “video download sites” to find sites that are currently working.
- 5 Click the video link text box. These sites usually have a text box at the top where you can enter the URL of the video. Click the text box at the top of the page to display the text cursor.
- 6 Press Ctrl+V on Windows or ⌘ Command+V on Mac to paste the URL. The previously copied video link will appear in the text box.
- 7 Click the Video Capture button. It’s usually to the right of the video link text box and says “download,” “go to,” “capture,” “capture video,” or something similar. The website will start processing the video. If the site can’t handle the video, make sure the link you copied is complete. If it still can’t be solved, try another download site.
- 8 Find the video quality and format you want, and click Download next to it. Websites may offer multiple download options, such as formats such as MP4, WebM, MP3 (audio only), and quality choices such as 1080p, 720p, 480p, or 360p. Once you find the video format and quality you want to download, click the download option next to it. Videos may be downloaded directly to the Downloads folder, or played in a web browser. If the latter, continue to the next step.
6 YouTube Video Tools Recommended Downloads
One of the things we love about TubeMate is its highly responsive user interface, so you can quickly find and download your favorite videos. This app allows you to choose the format of the video and even supports converting the video to MP3. The only downside is that ads may pop up frequently while using the app.
KeepVid is one of the well-known YouTube video download tools in the market. It has an online version, a desktop version and an Android app. One of its advantages is that it can be used to download videos in HD and 4K quality. It also supports downloading videos from 27 different video sites, including Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter.
3. YTBvideoly YouTube Downloader
YTBvideoly (TeraBox online video downloader) is a free YouTube download tool that supports downloading YouTube videos in MP3 and MP4 formats. The interface is very friendly and easy to browse, you can easily find and download the video you want. One of the things we love about this app is that it offers multiple video formats for download with no limit on the number of downloads.
Snaptube is the latest YouTube video downloader for Android. It comes with a search function that can help users quickly find the desired video. Using this app, you can download videos in any format and quality. You can also use Snaptube to download videos from other sites like Facebook and Twitter.
InsTube is another great Android YouTube video downloader app. Like other YouTube video downloaders, it’s very simple to use. Once installed, you just need to open YouTube, find the video you want, and click the download link. What sets InsTube apart from the other tools on this list is that it’s highly customizable, allowing you to add bookmarks and even create a private space to hide some videos from.
VidMate is a very easy to use Android application. VidMate’s biggest advantage over other tools on this list is its extremely fast download speed. You can also easily customize downloads and choose where to save your videos. It also has video and music players, and the ability to encrypt some videos.
The above are 6 useful YouTube video download tools, choose any one you like and start downloading!